The accountant is responsible for assisting the Mill Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department through month end close activities for the company. This position also supports other general ledger functions such as AP, AR, inter-company, fixed assets and consolidations.
- Assisting with monthly accounts receivable and payable.
- Back up for company payroll.
- Assists with the preparation, examination, and analysis of accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assists with monthly financial closing and reporting.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Analyzes changes in product, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to help determine effects on cost.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Bachelor’s degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting is required.
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required.
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing accounting functions.
- Able to interpret and provide guidance on complex accounting topics.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong skills in communication, teamwork, and leadership.
- Attention to detail, well organized, and able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Benefits: At Sustana we offer our employees full benefit package to include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Cassandra Schienebeck, Director of Human Resources, US at email@example.com
Sustana Fiber provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.